Lea en español (traducido por Google) *** Lisez en français (traduit par Google)
The Microcredit Summit Campaign welcomes Oikocredit as the newest Campaign Commitment member, joining a global coalition to help 100 million families lift themselves out of extreme poverty. Read the full Press Release
Oikocredit has been increasingly focused on measuring social impact to ensure that the organizations it funds are properly targeting their outreach and have launched their Campaign Commitment to actions fulfilling this aim.
Oikocredit managing director, David Woods, said committing to the Microcredit Summit was in line with Oikocredit’s social mission. “Measuring and monitoring change in microfinance partners and their clients is an important part of Oikocredit’s social and financial activities,” said Mr. Woods.
Key excerpts of Oikocredit’s Campaign Commitment:
- Supporting at least four MFI partners in developing capacity in using Progress out of Poverty Index (PPI) data over time.
- Providing MFI staff with training in data analysis and management.
- Providing MFI management with training on how analysis and usage of PPI data can help to improve products and services, be accountable to stakeholders and profile their organization.
- Encouraging its microfinance partners to use the PPI tool for targeting purposes and increase the number of MFIs reporting PPI data by the end of 2014 to 100.
- Where possible, provide or facilitate access to needed support in the use of the PPI tool and the installation of needed systems to capture and process data within the MFIs.
Join Oikocredit in stating YOUR Campaign Commitment
- Join Oikocredit in the global coalition help 100 million families lift themselves out of poverty. State your Campaign Commitment by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Need additional guidance in formulating your own Campaign Commitment? Refer to our Commitment Development Toolkit.
- Be social with us on Facebook and Twitter (@MicroCredSummit) using the hashtags #Commit100M and #100MGoal.
- Learn more about the Microcredit Summit Campaign: http://www.microcreditsummit.org/