Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Raffle for Institutional Action Plan Submitters: Association d’Entraide Professionnelle!
Association d’Entraide Professionnelle (AEP) is a non-profit organization founded in 1984, by a group of bankers and businessmen who were interested in social work. AEP believes that humans must be treated without any discrimination in sex, race, opinion, religion or social class.
AEP considers itself a pioneer in the field of micro credit finance. It gives access to those who experience bank regulations and complications. AEP believes that everyone has the right to get a loan. This is clearly revealed in the mission of the association: “Beyond assistance….the right to economic initiative…the right to loan for everyone.”
AEP gives priority to applicants who:
· Are unable to get financing from commercial banks
· Are financially responsible for a family
· Can present a productive, feasible and profitable project
· Have some professional experience in the domain of the project
· Can provide adequate collateral
The AEP program had been created to assure secularism and democracy, which are the only guarantees of harmony between the private and public sector.
By the end of 2011, AEP services had reached 13 000 beneficiaries and granted loans totaling to more than $13,000 000.
AEP is going to increase its portfolio using many ways to get closer to all needy people all over Lebanon to help the microfinance expansion. AEP is always aware of its social work. We are not a bank, and we do believe that the coherence in society is quite important to eliminate differences and create better jobs for a better future, to reach the poorest. AEP follows up with its borrowers and provides them with all the assistance and training they need. In addition to the financial services, AEP:
Helps the potential beneficiaries establish a feasibility study to guarantee a productive and a sustainable project:
- Follows up with its borrowers by providing them a human accompaniment and technical assistance.
- Ensures the adequate training to meet their needs
- Proceeds with the borrower, at the end of the loan to a final project evaluation.
All these additional services are free of charge.
The basic principle of AEP is to favor the spirit of “non assistance”, by giving access to credit to each “Borrower-entrepreneur” according to his/her needs.
The mission of AEP is to follow step by step the entrepreneurs enabling them access to undertaking economic initiatives and initiate them to the loan system through their project follow up and adequate free training until the accomplishment of the project.
The human support is our main concern and duty and it is done by:
– Awareness campaign to the borrowers e.g.: conferences and information about water problems, organic products for agricultural projects …
– Training sessions in accounting and marketing are a must to the entrepreneur for the growth of his/her enterprise.
– Field visits aiming to prevent the problems the entrepreneur may face.
– Free consultancy and free technical assistance done by AEP’s team and professional experts belonging to AEP’s chain of friends.
– Introducing the entrepreneurs to all innovative ideas to meet the market needs.
All these factors are contributing to maintain the sustainability of our organization, more over to be involved and to sustain microfinance sector.