Lea en español (traducido por Google) *** Lisez en français (traduit par Google)
Red Financiera Rural (RFR) is the leading microfinance network in Ecuador. RFR supports microfinance institutions that serve the most vulnerable members of society. Currently RFR works with 46 member organizations across Ecuador to design innovative products and solutions for clients of their member microfinance institutions. RFR promotes best practices in financial transparency and reporting social outcomes in the sector. RFR’s innovative program to set up Social Responsibility Systems among its member institutions earned it the distinction of being a finalist for the European Microfinance Award in 2008. It is this innovative and social drive that makes RFR a well-respected microfinance organization today.
“At RFR we have supported the Microcredit Summit Campaign since we were founded in 2000. We are very pleased that our member institutions contribute to the goal of reaching people living in poverty with financial services, especially the most vulnerable including women and farmers. And we are convinced that with the dedication of our 46 members, through continuous learning, development of new methodologies and efficient management at a social and financial level, we contribute every day to a greater number of Ecuadorians being able to move out of poverty on their own accord, being agents of their own development.” – Javier Vaca, Executive Director, Red Financiera Rural
Some key excerpts of Red Financiera Rural’s Campaign Commitment:
- We will expand to include 3 more member institutions by the end of 2014.
- In 2014, we will develop innovative microfinance products based on the results of the institution survey that addresses the needs of the clients and institutions. These needs include rural credit, credit with value chains, rural savings, microinsurance, and microfranchises.
- By the end of 2014, we will increase the coverage of institutions participating in Finance Education Programs from 8 members serving 2,700 clients, to 12 members.
- By the end of 2014, we will implement Social Performance Management tools in 20 institutions. Among these, we will implement 4 SPI, 2 Smart evaluations, and 2 with the Truelift tool.
- By the end of 2014, we will implement these products in at least 8 institutions.
Join Red Financiera Rural and State your Campaign Commitment
Join us in the global coalition to help 100 million families lift themselves out of poverty – state your Campaign Commitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need additional guidance in formulating your own Campaign Commitment? Refer to our Commitment Development Toolkit.