Creating a “window for the poor” to financial and other services.
The Microcredit Summit Campaign welcomes Grama Vidiyal, a major Indian microfinance institution (MFI), as the 55th organization to make a Campaign Commitment, joining a global coalition working to help 100 million families lift themselves out of extreme poverty.
Grama Vidiyal commits to expand its financial and non-financial services to the following number of clients in the financial year 2015-2016:
- Provide an additional 150,000 clients with financial services in FY15
- Help 1,050,000 community members through Grama Vidiyal’s empowerment program.
- Organize 720 health camps for clients, screening 300,000 members.
- Provide 10,000 clients with discounted consultation/treatment in partner hospitals.
- Provide health education to 80,000 client families (or community).
- Give access to health related products and medicines to 150,000 clients.